It would be fair to say that winter in Scunthorpe and Lincolnshire in general can be challenging at times and very cold! Thankfully most of us have an efficient boiler and central heating system to keep out those cold winter nights and to ensure we have piping hot water for baths and showers for all the family.
There are however, times when things can go wrong with your boiler or heating system and no-one wants to suffer the cold any longer than they must. This is where a reliable boiler repair company can come in very handy. There are a few businesses in Scunthorpe and surrounding areas offering this sort of service but how do you know which one to call in the time of a crisis? Here are our top 5 quick things to look for before making that call.
- Call Out/Out of Hours Service – All too often things in our home break or stop working at the most inconvenient times. This could be late in the evening or during the weekend or worse still on a bank holiday. With this in mind, the first thing you will need to look for in a boiler repair company is their availability. Do they offer a 24 hour or after hours service? Do they guarantee to be with you within a certain time period of your call?
- Registration and Licenses – Boiler repair should be carried out by professionals. Look for Corgi registration and Gas Certification. You do not want work carried out on your Combi boiler for example by someone who is not registered to do so. Water and gas are two very dangerous elements and you need to feel secure in the knowledge that the person you have enlisted for your boiler repair job is adequately qualified and experienced.
- Presence – Most local companies these days have websites or social media pages to provide information about their products and services. This is especially so with plumbing and heating companies who don’t always have business premises. If the company you are thinking of calling to carry out your boiler repair does not have a presence either via actual premises or online this should ring alarm bells and could offer you nothing to follow their service up with but a phone number!
- Reviews – There are so many online local directories and reviews sites for all areas of the country and Scunthorpe is no exception. Find reviews on the company you are thinking of calling to carry out your boiler repair. This will give you an indication as to how good their service is and how reliable they are. Try and find several reviews, not just the few that may be on their social media page. This will give you a true reflection as to their capabilities to fix your boiler problem.
- Be Prepared – Although we don’t want to think that our heating system or Combi boiler Scunthorpe residents rely on is ever likely to break down, the last thing we want is to be unprepared if it does. Using the four tips above, carry out this research now whilst your boiler and heating system is working well. Once you are satisfied that you have found one or two companies that fit your boiler repair criteria keep a note of their phone number and website address to hand so in an emergency you can reach straight for the information knowing you have done your due diligence to find the perfect company in Scunthorpe for your boiler repair.