Auto Website

The Benefit of Auto Website

February 11, 2019

If you plan to buy a car or even sell a car there always is paperwork involved. While a professional automobile company that deals in used cars will deal with most of the paperwork, there are certain documents that you will have to furnish, when asked for.

The great news is there is not much paperwork needed when going in for a second-hand car. Keep your driver’s licence handy along with a valid insurance policy. Since road tax is non-transferable the taxes need to be paid before selling or buying a second-hand car. It can be paid using the DVLA’s 24/7 automated phone service or online.

The V5C document’s reference numbers are required as well. This needs to be handed over by the car owner along with a receipt and other paperwork. The V5C proves you are the registered keeper of the automobile.

Information from the seller

The name and all other seller details must match the V5C form handed over. The documents need to be original watermarked documents only. Check the service history of the car, handbook and if possible MOT certificates. This will give you a clear idea of the history of the car and any related issues (if any). The MOT can be checked online along with the history. A detailed report can be bought if needed.

Once the deal is finalised, a receipt must be made with a copy each for the seller and buyer. It has to have all relevant details including make, model, registration number, mileage and amount of money paid with the signatures of both parties involved.